[linux-dvb] Re: dvbstream stopping

Hi

Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
My problem is that dvbstream (0.5) reads zero bytes from the (receiver) device
after having read approx 16100 (plus/minus 200) times 188 bytes. That is approx.
2 seconds (plus/minus) after start).
Correction 3 not 2 seconds approx.

The problem is solved by adding the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf

  options dvb_core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

I can't find this documented in the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/*
though it is remotely mentioned in the README in the driver distro
from linuxtv, but not many sees this.

 "Note 2: you must keep ?zap running, or the frontend will go to sleep (unless
  you load dvb-core.o with dvb_shutdown_timeout=0)"

Are there any drawbacks to dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 ?

If one is required to keep zap running (keeping the frontend
opened I assume), then other programs can't access the frontend
I assume - like dvbtune -m ?? or am I mistaken ?

--PMM

Home | Main Index | Thread Index