[linux-dvb] Cannot use cam_set and cam_test

    Paolo> Hi there!  I'm trying to use cam_set and cam_test to open
    Paolo> scrambled channels, but i cannot do that. I tried with many
    Paolo> crypted channels and my working CAMS (ASTON, MAGIC and
    Paolo> MATRIX RELOADED) and my working subscriptions (SKY,TPS and
    Paolo> so on).

    Paolo> That's what i do:

    Paolo> 1) cam_set 2) echo "Universal" | sample_progs/cam_test -n
    Paolo> -s -o | mplayer -

    Paolo> But mplayer gives me:

    Paolo> Channel: Universal apid: 0x999 vpid: 0x998 ttpid: 0xffff
    Paolo> Rilevato formato file TS!  DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: -1,
    Paolo> VIDEO_ID: -1, SUBTITLE_ID: -1, PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG:
    Paolo> 0 NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!  Opened TS demuxer,
    Paolo> audio: ffffffff(pid -1), video: ffffffff(pid -1)...POS=0
    Paolo> Nessun flusso trovato

    Paolo> When using RAI1 (free italian national channel) instead of
    Paolo> "Univesal" (SKY), i can see the channel on mplayer. When
    Paolo> looking at the system log, i can see this message:

    Paolo> stv0299 does not support auto-inversion

    Paolo> What's that? Can you help me?
You have to set the inversion for some channels, but if you get a
signal on that transponder than it is probably already correct.

    Paolo> Waiting info from you!

What kind of messages do you get from cam_set? Is the CAM recognized?
Could it be that the CAM is expecting an answer to message, like a
password?
In that case you would need to check that with cam_menu.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index