[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 over DVB

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:40:20PM +0200, Christophe Thommeret wrote:

Le Mardi 8 Juin 2004 16:06, Hamish Moffatt a écrit :

From my Googling, it seems that AC3 is carried differently on DVB versus
ATSC. I wonder how it is carried on DVD? I wonder if Xine can only do
ATSC (or DVD), and not DVB..
Yes, xine can play dvb ac3, but can't autodetect it.
So you have to pass it special PAT and PMT.
This is what KaxTV does, succesfully. (google for it)

I tried to Google for how to tell Xine to use the special PAT and PMT as
you suggested, but I didn't find anything. Sorry. Can you send me a URL?

Alternatively I should just try your KaxTV I guess :)

Hamish

mplayer reportedly works with ac3/dvb passthrough, both when you have PAT and PMT
and when they are not available, provided that ac3 frames are aligned
to PES boundaries.
Please, run mplayer -v dvb://<YOUR_TVSTASTION> >& log.txt
and send me log.txt.

If you upload a sample to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming and tell me the filename
I will give it a look.

Nico