[linux-dvb] Driver for budget-cards doesn't work proper on 2.6.x Kernel systems

Hi all,

I’ve got troubles with my VDR since I switched to Kernel 2.6.

I’ve tried the build in drivers of Kernel 2.6.4 to 2.6.7 and the

CVS drivers since 11.05, but the don’t work stable at all.

The first problem was, that when a recording has started the VDR crashed without any log-entries,
the actually problem is the signal stream broken error.

If I want to use the insmod.sh script included in the CVS,

I get the error insmod: error inserting './stv0299.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

on my Gentoo.

When I load the stv0299 frontend not at the end of modules.autoload,

I get a Kernel Oops, witch have been already reported by Christian Gmeiner in May.

I know that I’m not the only own, which suffer under the signal stream out error,

and this Kernel Oops, it occurs on many systems with budget cards, like my nova-ci or a skystar2.

Please can someone fix this?

Greets
Frank Oppel

PS: Sorry for my poor English, I try to improve it!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index