[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S with CI card to buy

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
>> I belive the CI interface for the budget cards is still
>> experimental/unstable, for something that has been around for ages
>> and is rock solid you would get the Hauppauge Nexus-S or Technotrend
>> TT Premium (iirc).
>
> Exelent, that's what I wanted to know.

I have a technotrend dvb-c rev 2.1 card and I have had lots of problems.
I don't know if the dvb-s cards is anything like mine or not.

I had lots of problem with bad reception, after lots of trouble with it and
trying to find the cause of the problems, I got a lot better reception after
I switched the powersupply.
So it seems atleast my dvb-c card was extra sensitive to bad power supply.

> How is the interface to the mpeg2 decoder? is it possible to
> decode any
> mpeg2 stream or does it only accept data from the card itself?

I can play mpeg1 and 2 files with test_av_play that comes with dvb-apps
package and have them outputed via the video and audio outputs from the dvb
card.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index