[linux-dvb] Re: DVB corruption after a month or so.

--On den 12 juni 2004 17:05 +0100 Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> wrote:

However, its obviously not the cards at fault, as a new one had the same
issue  in the problem machine. It has to be the machine itself.

Seeing the recent posts about sensitivity to the power supplies, I'm
beginning  to wonder if the PSU is somehow causing this. Maybe the
problem machine had a  power supply "on the edge", and its just degraded
a bit over the months its  been on (capacitors drying out slightly maybe)
so that its now starting to  give interference on certain frequencies.
Does this sound feasible to anyone?
It indeed does to me! There obviously is something special with
this machine, I think you would do us all a big favour if you
tried to figure out what it is. For example just replacing the
power supply could be an interresting test, and it would be good
if you could measure voltages and ripple before and after
the exchange.

Above you also said:
However, its obviously not the cards at fault, as a new one
had the same issue  in the problem machine.
It may not be a unique problem with this card, but it may very
well be a systematic fault with all those cards which makes
them work badly in an otherwise totally acceptable environment.

I think it is time for the this community to figure this out
and, if my fears/suspicions turns out to be right, take those
card producers in their ears.

Best regards,

/ragge

Home | Main Index | Thread Index