[linux-dvb] Re: DVB corruption after a month or so.

On Saturday 12 Jun 2004 18:20, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
> --On den 12 juni 2004 17:05 +0100 Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
>
> wrote:
> > However, its obviously not the cards at fault, as a new one had the same
> > issue  in the problem machine. It has to be the machine itself.
> >
> > Seeing the recent posts about sensitivity to the power supplies, I'm
> > beginning  to wonder if the PSU is somehow causing this. Maybe the
> > problem machine had a  power supply "on the edge", and its just degraded
> > a bit over the months its  been on (capacitors drying out slightly maybe)
> > so that its now starting to  give interference on certain frequencies.
> > Does this sound feasible to anyone?
>
> It indeed does to me! There obviously is something special with
> this machine, I think you would do us all a big favour if you
> tried to figure out what it is. For example just replacing the
> power supply could be an interresting test, and it would be good
> if you could measure voltages and ripple before and after
> the exchange.

I wish I could; I'm fed up with these constant mysterious DVB problems :(

Unfortunately its on a client site. In fact, our most vociferious client. So
obviously that is the site where everything goes wrong!

Next time (if) it happens, I'll make sure to insist we try replacing the power
supply. I was thinking along those lines when we were experimenting, but the
priority was to get it working ASAP.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index