[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia DVB-T 771 problems

Hi,

> > if i add:
> > 		r = mt352_read_register (i2c, 0x7f);
> > before:
> > 		r = mt352_read_register (i2c, 0x00);
> > the read of register 0x00 returns the same as the read of register 0x7f!
> > And it appears that the "snr" values from above are actually the value of
> > register 0x03!
> >
> > Very strange indeed..
> >
> > Can anybody shed any light on this problem?
> > I'm running 2.6.7-rc3 with a Pentium4 2.8ghz.
>
> are you sure the bt8xx i2c driver is working reliably for this card?
> Sounds like broken i2c communication to me...

Well, I enabled hw_i2c for the card and I never got any problems. I wonder
what can go wrong with hardware i2c. The i2c-speed is dependend on the
pci-speed. Jolse, do you use overclockling? Can you please check wether you
are using hardware-i2c?

Another thing: The driver uses 4 values from an i2c-attached eeprom to detect
the avermedia-card. Jolse, does the driver recognize the card as an avermedia
771-card? If yes, i2c should work.

Wolfram

Home | Main Index | Thread Index