[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia DVB-T 771 problems

Wolfram Joost wrote:
Hi,

if i add:
		r = mt352_read_register (i2c, 0x7f);
before:
		r = mt352_read_register (i2c, 0x00);
the read of register 0x00 returns the same as the read of register 0x7f!
And it appears that the "snr" values from above are actually the value of
register 0x03!

Very strange indeed..

Can anybody shed any light on this problem?
I'm running 2.6.7-rc3 with a Pentium4 2.8ghz.
are you sure the bt8xx i2c driver is working reliably for this card?
Sounds like broken i2c communication to me...

Well, I enabled hw_i2c for the card and I never got any problems. I wonder what can go wrong with hardware i2c. The i2c-speed is dependend on the pci-speed. Jolse, do you use overclockling? Can you please check wether you are using hardware-i2c?

Another thing: The driver uses 4 values from an i2c-attached eeprom to detect the avermedia-card.
by the way... is this code endian-safe?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index