[linux-dvb] Re: New CARD (TT Budget) [solved]

> Karsten Kreyenburg wrote:
> > If you are interested in a short example stream, I can send a
> link to you
> > where you can download it. I'm using dvbstream v0.6 and replex v0.1.1.
>
> Yes, I would be interested in seeing that.

I'm currently uploading the four streams. As soon as the upload has
finished, I'll send the links to you and Nico. If anyone would like to have
the links, too, please send a short note to me.

> But I'm sure it's nothing to do with dvbstream - dvbstream (in the
> default "TS" mode) just reads the data from the DVB driver and saves it
> to disk.  It makes absolutely no changes to it - so there is nothing it
> can be doing wrong AFAIK.

Absolutely. Even more, your Ts2Ps is doing a great job.

But there is one strange thing in the PS output of dvbstream. On one channel
("RTL World" in Hannover, with four stations on it), the Ts2Ps conversion
shows a small strange behaviour. The Video PID in the PS is not 224, as you
would expect. It is 228, so I have to inform replex about that:
dvbstream -n 1800 -ps -f 498000 -o 353 354 > dvbstream.psraw
replex -k -v 228 -a 192 -i PS -t MPEG2 -o dvbstreamre.mpg dvbstream.psraw

That could be a thing in dvbstream you might take a look at. I can upload
that stream, too.

> >>The original
> >>transport stream can be read by replex, and most Linux MPEG players can
> >>now play transport streams as well (e.g. mplayer, xine etc).
> >>Maybe your Kiss DVD player can.
> >>

> > No, unfortunatelly not. Even more, the player needs very well
> synchronised
> > streams without errors, otherwise the picture will freeze.
>
> Which Kiss player do you have?  I emailed Kiss a while ago when I was
> thinking of buying one of their players (before the Kiss/MPlayer/GPL
> events) to ask if their players support MPEG-2 transport streams, and
> the reply I got was:
>
> "Yes all of our players that support Divx supports this stream. "
>
> Luckily I never bought one if this isn't true.

I've got the DP-500 with FW2.8.3, and no, it definitely can't play transport
streams. It even can't play PS streams, which vlc or the Windows Media
Player play without any problems. The streams have to be very well
synchronized and error free to be playable on the Kiss - and transport
streams aren't.

Karsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index