[linux-dvb] Re: More than 4 DVB cards - again

Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:

> I'm trying to access the fifth DVB card with little success.
> I've read some of the earlier stuff (what I found) and I do
> have dvfs enabled and can access /dev/dvb/adapter0-3 but it seems to
> fail with adapter4.
>
> Kernel is 2.6.6

More than 4 cards were only supported with the old "DVB" driver
with CONFIG_DVB_DEVFS_ONLY enabled in dvbdev.c. I can't remember
why this was dropped in dvb-kernel.

> # ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter4
> total 0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   1 Jan  1  1970 audio0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   6 Jan  1  1970 ca0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   4 Jan  1  1970 demux0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   5 Jan  1  1970 dvr0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   3 Jan  1  1970 frontend0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   7 Jan  1  1970 net0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   8 Jan  1  1970 osd0
> crw-------    1 root     root     250,   0 Jan  1  1970 video0

The minor numbers are the same as for adapter0 which is why it doesn't
work. The best solution would be to use the extended minor number
range in 2.6 kernels. For 2.4 one could use a second major number.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index