From: Peter Maersk-Moller <peter@maersk-moller.net>
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] dvbstream eventually stops
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:27:18 +0200

Hi

I have a problem with dvbstream where dvbstream after running for hours eventually
stops. It stops in the sense that it doesn't output more data. Pressing a ctrl-c
and restarting dvbstream makes it runs happily again for hours.

Has anybody else seen this behaviour ?

What I have is a 2.6.6 kernel with 1 budget, 2 budget-ci and one full card.
They are each tuned into the same satellite but at different frequencies.
As an example, we can take last night. I started 3 streams in the late evening
and around 02:30 am one dvbstream stops (await input). Then at about 09:30 am,
the two other streams stops (await input) at approx. the same time.

Any suggestions of what to look out for ? What could cause the receiver to
loose tuning/locking of the signal ? I'm not sure that happens, but that would
for sure makes dvbstream stops.

--PMM

Ontvang Hotmail & Messenger op je mobiele telefoon http://mobile.msn.com/?lc=nl-nl

Home | Main Index | Thread Index