[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia DVB-T Remote Control

Yes, I have.

Try the latest video4linux snapshot from bytesex.org. I've been fiddling with my Avermedia DVB-T (the 761 version).

If you have the 761 card you should be up and running right away, 771 users will need to uncomment a line in 'ir-kbd-gpio.c'
"case BTTV_AVDVBT_771:". This hasn't been tested as far as I'm aware, so I'd be very interested to hear of any results from 771 users. At worst I suspect you'll need to sprinkle a few printk's to tell you what mask values are needed. Again, I'd be very interested in hearing the results.

Once the driver is going and device nodes are created, input from the remote will appear as keyboard input. Have a look at /proc/bus/input/devices

I've put in what I think are sensible defaults. But there wasn't always a sensible mapping between Avermedia remote and an equivalent 'KEY_'. But every key should produce something. You will still need some fiddling to map these key values to something that Myth will understand. The latest LIRC may be one possibility (I haven't tried this yet).

Matt