[linux-dvb] Re: mt352 and SkyStar2 (FlexCop IIB) oddities

Wolfram Joost wrote:

Hi,

data with the tuner), but I simply don't know if those tuner-dependent
variables work with the Samsung tuner (don't think so after my

If it is the same tuner (network interface module) avermedia uses, then the tuner-paramters should be correct.

My question now is: Did you get any information (emailing Samsung or so)
for this tuner?

I didn't emailed them, I only found the datasheed at

http://www.sem.samsung.com/en/products/productOverview.jsp?categoryID=2C9D98F2-A126-B447-E1B3872409AC4242&navi=overview

However, the datasheed doesn't contain any programing informations.

If you program the frontend with the paramters of a working channel does the frontend gets a lock?

In mt352.c the read command is contains the following:
struct i2c_msg msg [] = { { .addr = I2C_MT352_ADDR,
.flags = I2C_M_NOSTART,
.buf = b0, .len = 1 },
{ .addr = I2C_MT352_ADDR,
.flags = I2C_M_RD,
.buf = b1, .len = 1 } };

as I2C_M_NOSTART isn't defined as 0 every read_register command will
fail too.
Changing I2C_M_NOSTART to 0 solves the problem and the module can read
the mt352 registers successfully.

Don't know enough about i2c to tell whats going wrong there.

Wolfram

That isn't an I2C problem, the if simply doesn't match since msg[0].flags = I2C_M_NOSTART != 0 so the read doesn't get executed as far as I see.

Thanks for replying

Björn

Home | Main Index | Thread Index