[linux-dvb] Re: mt352 and SkyStar2 (FlexCop IIB) oddities

Hi,

> data with the tuner), but I simply don't know if those tuner-dependent
> variables work with the Samsung tuner (don't think so after my

If it is the same tuner (network interface module) avermedia uses, then the
tuner-paramters should be correct.

> My question now is: Did you get any information (emailing Samsung or so)
> for this tuner?

I didn't emailed them, I only found the datasheed at

http://www.sem.samsung.com/en/products/productOverview.jsp?categoryID=2C9D98F2-A126-B447-E1B3872409AC4242&navi=overview

However, the datasheed doesn't contain any programing informations.

If you program the frontend with the paramters of a working channel does the
frontend gets a lock?

> In mt352.c the read command is contains the following:
>       struct i2c_msg msg [] = { { .addr = I2C_MT352_ADDR,
>                                   .flags = I2C_M_NOSTART,
>                                   .buf = b0, .len = 1 },
>                                 { .addr = I2C_MT352_ADDR,
>                                   .flags = I2C_M_RD,
>                                   .buf = b1, .len = 1 } };
>
> as I2C_M_NOSTART isn't defined as 0 every read_register command will
> fail too.
> Changing I2C_M_NOSTART to 0 solves the problem and the module can read
> the mt352 registers successfully.

Don't know enough about i2c to tell whats going wrong there.

Wolfram

Home | Main Index | Thread Index