[linux-dvb] AW: Re: How to send A/V-Packets without blocking the whole device

> Your description of what you do is rather vague. Assuming you
> write audio to /dev/dvb/adapterX/audioY and video to
> /dev/dvb/adapterX/videoY, why don't you use nonblocking I/O?

Yes thats right, I open the devices with O_NONBLOCK and I poll
each device to see if i can write new data. But it seems that the
AUDIO device blocks also if there is enough video-data sent.
(and the other way round)

btw. it doesn't matter if I fed the audio-LPCM frames in the
audio or video device, because the data stream is demultiplexed
in somewher the AV7110 again, and if the demx buffer is full
both devices are blocked.

I hope you understand my problem now.

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index