[linux-dvb] Problem watching other channels and recordings while recording a CA channel

I already mailed about this on the vdr list, but got no responses and I think
this is probably a driver problem anyway.

I have two Hauppauge DVB-C 2.1 cards with CI and Conax CAM on the first card.
I'm using the first card's video out.  I'm currently using linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
and vdr 1.3.11, although the same problem occured with older drivers (the
reference from VDR's homepage) and vdr 1.2.6.  My kernel is a vanilla 2.4.25.

The problem is, when I start recording a conditional access channel, I
sometimes can't watch any free-to-air channels or even recordings.  Just half
an hour ago I began recording a CA channel, and switched to an FTA channel,
but the picture is blank.  I tried watching a vdr recording, but it displays a
broken frame of the CA channel I'm recording and some garbage.

Sometimes the FTA channels and recordings show just fine while recording a CA
channel.  I haven't really found out any definitive way to reproduce the
problem or to make it go away.  I think this mostly happens when I'm watching
a CA channel and start recording it, and then switch to an FTA channel.  But
it has happened while watching an FTA channel and a recording timer is
triggered; the picture just goes blank for all other channels except the CA
channel being recorded.  Vdr does (correctly) allow changing to any FTA
channel, the OSD works ok, but there is no picture of the actual broadcast.
And replaying a vdr recording shows garbage.

I don't see anything special in my logs concerning this.  Right now, all my
FTA channels are blank, but there are no errors in the log:
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27673]: switching to channel 6
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27862]: transfer thread ended (pid=27862, tid=262152)
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27863]: receiver on device 2 thread ended (pid=27863,
tid=278539)
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27673]: buffer stats: 0 (0%) used
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27864]: transfer thread started (pid=27864,
tid=294920)
Jun 25 01:15:39 vdr vdr[27865]: receiver on device 2 thread started
(pid=27865, tid=311307)
(ok, this log is from a few days ago)

I have a feeling this problem is caused by the recording going on on card 1,
while trying to use the same card's video out for card 2's program.

Anyone have a solution or a suggestion?

--
Antti-Pekka Liedes   *        apl@IRC       * I look around my room
Aallonkohina 8 D 60  *       apl@iki.fi     * is filled with candles