[linux-dvb] Re: Problem watching other channels and recordings while recording a CA channel

Antti-Pekka Liedes wrote:

> I have two Hauppauge DVB-C 2.1 cards with CI and Conax CAM on the first card.
> I'm using the first card's video out.  I'm currently using linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
> and vdr 1.3.11, although the same problem occured with older drivers (the
> reference from VDR's homepage) and vdr 1.2.6.  My kernel is a vanilla 2.4.25.
>
> The problem is, when I start recording a conditional access channel, I
> sometimes can't watch any free-to-air channels or even recordings.  Just half
> an hour ago I began recording a CA channel, and switched to an FTA channel,
> but the picture is blank.  I tried watching a vdr recording, but it displays a
> broken frame of the CA channel I'm recording and some garbage.

Does this happen with other CAMs or is it specific to your Conax CAM?
Does it only happen with two DVB cards in your PC?

The CA stack is a pretty isolated component, the av7110 demux
just sees a transport stream and doesn't care if it has been
processed by a CAM or not.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index