[linux-dvb] Re: Driver for "VisionPlus VisionDTV USB-Ter DVB-T"

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Bernd Wagner wrote:

I still need to suppress triple 3 and 5 of prefeedbuf 2.

I'm wondering, why did you commenting out exacty those bytes, just
guessing :) ?

It was trial and error, i.e. not commenting out one of these triples causes the tuning-LED to go out.
I don't know at all what these commands really do.

And now you can see all your 18 or 19 channels?

Some work, others cause xine to exit. I have to investigate this further.

So I think that the main problem is specific to the 64bit processor
architecture and it is in one of the drivers.

That is probably the case, so far I didn't care about any little/big
endian conversions. My knowledge about processor-things is also limited.

I'm not sure that's your driver. Maybe it's dvb-core. I should investigate further.

I also opened the case and made some photos. But the most interesting
chip has a cooler so that I couldn't read its type. On the backside of
the board under it there is a number "HT IV-0 94V-0 0404" This differs a
little bit from the photos I found elsewhere in the net where the last
digits are "0402".

I also opened the case and removed the cooler .. and ... nothing, there is
no description on it. Beside of that, I suppose, the firmware hides a lot.
I.e. if we could reverse engineer the firmware, we would see how thing
really working.

Thanks for your help,

In fact your work helps me a lot. Without it, I would have to boot Windows to enjoy my birthday present (;-).

Best regards

Bernd

Home | Main Index | Thread Index