[linux-dvb] Re: one cam/ci for multiple dvb-s cards

From: "Martin Ebner" <martinebner@gmx.at>
> just a question: i have 3 DVB-s budget cards, one with a CAM/CI module
> and a valid ORF/ATV+ subscription card for Austria. Is it possible that
> a channel can be decrypted for a budget card without the CAM by the card
> with the CAM.

Nope, because CI is a _physical_ transport stream connection. The transport
stream is hardware-wise routed through the CAM, and the transport stream
can solely come directly from the demodulator, there is no way to feed it
through the PCI bus.

> I think there should be no legal issues on this since i have the valid
> subscription. I just want my MythTV box to be able to record the
encrypted
> channels with any of the 3 cards without paying another 300EUR for the
> CI-slot/CAM/subscription cards equipment.

You'll have to - or go SoftCAM ;)

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach