[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:23, Andreas Share wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:51, Christian Schuld wrote:
> > > I suppose
> > > none of the driver developers actually use such a setup with VDR
>
> regulary,
>
> > > because then it would have gotten more attention - simply because it is
> > > really annoying ;-)
> >
> > Yep it seems so :(. I posted this some weeks ago too and its an every day
> > question on vdr portal too, further it makes using streamdev-server quite
> > annoying, were it works nice otherwise .... Well i guess we did not
>
> complain
>
> > enough ...
> >
> > What information is needed to debug this ?
> >
> > Steffen
>
> Hi,
>
> i have tried to debbuging this, but at the moment without success:(
>
> I have used 3 different cards as 2. or 3. card, and all of them fails in
> the same way. After some time (epg-scanning in vdr)  get no more data from
> the cards. No more interrupts are handled in this case.
>
> Setting up the filters is ok, so i think something crashed on the cards and
> we get no more data in the (card) buffers, or the interrupt handler does
> not work anymore in this case.
>
> I have seen sync problems between the frontend threat and the demux thread
> also...for example vdr stops all section filter, tune und (re)start the
> section filter, but because the demux is much faster then the frontend
> threat this result in stopping filters, starting new filter and then tuning
> the card (call to fe_set_fontend in the frontend driver). Maybe some
> invalid data caused by the tuning during running filters "kills" something
> in the driver or at the card.

Does klaus know about this ? Can something changed inside vdr to avoid this ?
This is what i understood from what you have said :D, am I right ? I have
this problem since months no matter which vdr version and this sucks.

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index