[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

> On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:51, Christian Schuld wrote:
> > I suppose
> > none of the driver developers actually use such a setup with VDR
regulary,
> > because then it would have gotten more attention - simply because it is
> > really annoying ;-)
>
> Yep it seems so :(. I posted this some weeks ago too and its an every day
> question on vdr portal too, further it makes using streamdev-server quite
> annoying, were it works nice otherwise .... Well i guess we did not
complain
> enough ...
>
> What information is needed to debug this ?
>
> Steffen

Hi,

i have tried to debbuging this, but at the moment without success:(

I have used 3 different cards as 2. or 3. card, and all of them fails in the
same way. After some time (epg-scanning in vdr)  get no more data from the
cards. No more interrupts are handled in this case.

Setting up the filters is ok, so i think something crashed on the cards and
we get no more data in the (card) buffers, or the interrupt handler does not
work anymore in this case.

I have seen sync problems between the frontend threat and the demux thread
also...for example vdr stops all section filter, tune und (re)start the
section filter, but because the demux is much faster then the frontend
threat this result in stopping filters, starting new filter and then tuning
the card (call to fe_set_fontend in the frontend driver). Maybe some invalid
data caused by the tuning during running filters "kills" something in the
driver or at the card.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index