[linux-dvb] Re: REPOST: [DVB] tda1004x regression in 2.6.7

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 04:44, Ian Molton wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Attached is a diff I've made.

Doesn't look quite right, and you removed one of the frontend ioctls??

> I tried the 2.6.7-bk20 driver for the tda1004x frontend on my DVB-T card,
> only to find out that it failed to work, unlike the 2.6.5 driver which
> appeared to work well.

Did you do a diff between these?

> I assumed this was due to my firmware being out of date but this was not
> the case.
>
> I discovered the problem was related to some additions made to the driver,
> and commenting them out allowed things to work again. Ther is also a dodgy
> looking alteration to some pointer (fe->data).
>
> In the course of my fiddling, I added support to the firmware list for the
> latest (2.17d) firmware.

This should probably be added to CVS, but there was some mumbling going on
about changing how the firmware gets loaded, so that these could be specified
in userspace, dunno how that went.

> all this is in the attached diff, and the driver works in this modified
> state for me.

Anyways, would the driver in CVS work for you, as that has been through an
overhaul to make it compatible with the 2.6 kernel i2c layer, and thus also
have moved away from alot of the code you modify.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index