[linux-dvb] Re: REPOST: [DVB] tda1004x regression in 2.6.7

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:52:51 +0200
Kenneth Aafløy <lists@kenneth.aafloy.net> wrote:

> > Hi.
> >
> > Attached is a diff I've made.
>
> Doesn't look quite right, and you removed one of the frontend ioctls??

indeed. I dont like it but thats what made stuff work...

> > I tried the 2.6.7-bk20 driver for the tda1004x frontend on my DVB-T card,
> > only to find out that it failed to work, unlike the 2.6.5 driver which
> > appeared to work well.
>
> Did you do a diff between these?

yes, thats how I narrowed down the problem.

> > In the course of my fiddling, I added support to the firmware list for the
> > latest (2.17d) firmware.
>
> This should probably be added to CVS, but there was some mumbling going on
> about changing how the firmware gets loaded, so that these could be specified
> in userspace, dunno how that went.

lets get it into CVS anyway - then no matter what the choice of method, the data is available. too much has been lost already (see mailinglist for a set of values for 2.17, which seem to have been lost in the mist)

> > all this is in the attached diff, and the driver works in this modified
> > state for me.
>
> Anyways, would the driver in CVS work for you, as that has been through an
> overhaul to make it compatible with the 2.6 kernel i2c layer, and thus also
> have moved away from alot of the code you modify.

which CVS and how do I access it? I'll give it a try.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index