[linux-dvb] Re: <was blank> Building problems

I think my original instructions were incorrect.

tar xjf linux-2.6.7.tar.bz2
patch -p1 <patch-2.6.7-krazel
makelinks

Basically swap makelinks and patching the kernel, which seems to fix all the problems with make xconfig.
(I just ran into this myself, setting up another pc with a Avermedia card, in order to see if my IRQ problem is hardware based.)

Peter.

Ben Rometsch wrote:

OK. Still cant get it to tune. Here's what I am doing...

tar xjf linux-2.6.7.tar.bz2
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:2401/cvs/linuxtv
CVS password:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dvbtools co
dvbstream cd dvb-kernel/
./makelinks ../linux-2.6.7
cd ../linux-2.6.7
cp ~/patch-2.6.7-kraxel .
patch -p1 <patch-2.6.7-kraxel

Then I go into
cd ../dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/

And
vi mt352.c

Commenting out and updating the code so it now reads:

/* here we assume 1/6MHz == 166.66kHz stepsize */
#define IF_FREQUENCYx6 217 /* 6 * 36.16666666667MHz */
//tmp = 6 * freq + IF_FREQUENCYx6;
tmp = ((param->frequency*6)/1000000) + IF_FREQUENCYx6;

Now to build the kernel:
cd ~/linux-2.6.7
make menuconfig

I have attached my .config.
One thing I have noticed is this. In order for the
<M> Nebula/Pinnacle PCTV/Twinhan PCI cards

option to show up in
Device Drivers > Multimedia devices > Digital Video Broadcasting Devices

I have to have
Siemens-Nixdorf 'Multimedia eXtension Board'
Enabled in
Device Drivers > Multimedia devices > Video For Linux

Is this right? I found this by trial and error, and it does not feel right?
If I select the Siemens-Nixdorf option, the BT848 Video For Linux option
appears, which I can then select. If I then deselect siemens-nixdorf, the
BT848 options remains. Also, without taking this step the BT848 Video For
Linux does not appear. Is this right?
Once the kernel has compiled and I have copied the bzImage across to my boot
drive, I reboot, log in and run
modprobe bttv
modprobe bt878
modprobe dvb-bt8xx
modprobe mt352

Then go into
cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/scan/

./scan dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace

Gives me tuning failed, and
./tzap -c channels.conf-dvbt-crystal-palace BBC ONE

Flatlines.

Apologies for the long winded email; I wanted to get everything down in case
I was missing something?
Many Thanks,
Ben

Home | Main Index | Thread Index