[linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

Yes, I've used the Hauppauge Nexus-S with a Conax CAM for ages, and it's almost rock solid, and I don't see how using a Nagravision CAM should be different. I get a ARM crash once every few months or so, that I have not been able to track down, but since the workaround is as simple as reloading the modules, I'm not very worried about it.
Is this decrypting just one program stream on a transport stream, or more than one program stream on a transport stream?

In other words, with a requirement to decrypt 4 program streams on the same transport stream, will I need 4 CAM modules (and corresponding DVB cards) or just 1?

Be aware of budget cards that have CI interface on them, as it's in early development (and only nova cards is supported?), and not as stable as the Nexus-S, but a lot cheaper if you are willing to take a chance and join development of the budget-ci driver.
Hmmm... Is the Nexus-S well supported? I would rather go for a more expensive card and know that it works rather than a cheaper card and take a chance. What I am trying to avoid is the need to install a dedicated decryption platform like the Optibase and/or Tandberg stuff, as the site I am trying to design for has an existing Linux router platform already.

What you should look out for tho, is providers that does not allow selling a subscription and/or CAM without the serial number of a STB they have approved.
I am the provider, so this won't be a problem.

Regards,
Graham