[linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?

From: "Manu Abraham" <manu@kromtek.com>
> Here the distribution company gets paid for 1 movie, while the video
> store guy gets paid for the rest. Isn't that something like pirating
> software ?

This mailing list is about _technical_ issues, not legal ones. You can
philosophize all you want about e.g. CD copying utilities possibly existing
solely for the purpose of software piracy, but please not here.

Here we discuss the _technical_ aspects and leave it to the responsibility
of the individual not to do illegal things.

To answer the original question: Some CI cards _are_ supported by the
current drivers, but there are _compatibility_ issues, i.e. not all CAMs
are hardware compatible with each Common Interface. But since Graham wrote
that he is a content provider, he is likely to already have a Nagravision
CAM, so he can just try it out in e.g. a TechnoTrend Budget-CI card and see
if it works.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach