[linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?

Pedro Miguel Sequeira de Justo Teixeira wrote:

Yes, LinuxDVB supports Nagravision as any other Cypher System.

I Own a dvb-ttpci card + CI adapter + official Nagravision PCMCIA IRD + TvCabo
official card.
Thanks for the info - I was looking for a "known working" setup so that I can get the right hardware. Have you tried decrypting more than one channel at the same time?

Just remember (as a side note to your thoughts): Nagravision system is often
set to pair cards with readers. In this way, you must inform your channel
provider (in my case TvCabo) of the IRD serial number so they can activate
your card for your specific reader. Also note that some providers only allow
theirs cards to be in their own STB and wont pair their cards with anything
else - if this is the case, there is nothing you can do (legally).
We're building the system on behalf of the content provider, so there shouldn't be any hassles with this.

Regards,
Graham