[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-s USB Technotrend: unknown STC version V 2.2

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 sandrofag@tiscali.it wrote:

> I have bought a DVB-s of Technotrend USB, and have tried to install linuxtv.org
> driver, but it does not work, dmesg give me:
> ttusb_init_controller: unknown STC version V 2.2, please report!
>
> No signal is found them from scan app.
>
> do firmware is changed?

Cool, AFAIK that version comes from the hardware, not from the firmware.

Also, an unknown version does not stop the progress of the driver
initialisation, so if it doesn't work (and you have the right frontend
modules loaded, etc.) then there could be some other hardware changes that
the version number implies.

I have a relatively recent TT USB DVB-S box and its STC is version 2.1.

What is the rest of your dmesg output after that line?

> I have tried with kernel 2.4.26 and 2.6.7 of slackware.
>
> Thank

{P^/

btw I don't really know what I'm talking about here so if anyone else
wants to jump in then please feel free :)

> Tiscali ADSL Senza Canone, paga solo quello che consumi!
> Non perdere la promozione valida fino al 27 luglio. Per te gratis il modem
> in comodato e l'attivazione. In piu' navighi a soli 1,5 euro l'ora per i
> primi tre mesi. Cosa aspetti? Attivala subito!
> http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index