[linux-dvb] Re: SS1 vs SS2, packetloss when section packing turned on

Hello Johannes,

> Denis Fedorishenko wrote:
>>
>> Still, about this problem...
>> Now we got SkyStar-2 with LinuxTV drivers, and it is working perfect
>> on same stream (no packetloss).
>> We start discovering issue, and we got:
>> On SS1 we have corrupted packets (about 5-15%), and always on corrupted packets
>> (we got them by test_dvr) have set bits of
>> transport_scrambling_control turned on
>> ( http://vpn.ams-sat.com/is138181.pdf page 42). On SkyStar-2 those bits
>> on same packets is zero, and packets is ok.
>> Maybe there is some issue?

> Well, if the packet is corrupted, all bets are off...
> Might be a frontend problem?

> (Anyway, the av7110 hardware replaces the TS packet header
> with a filter status word. The packet irq handler then
> reconstructs the TS header from the status word, which
> seems to work pretty well. I can't see anything that could
> go wrong there.)

> Johannes
Problem is, that only almost always middle packets in section is
corrupted. ( if am not wrong data is created from few 188bytes TS
packets)

And we did test, on same encap and same service SkyStar2 and TwinHan
working well...
Only one driver what was working well, it is
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/index.html , but it is not updated long
time, and even with few patches became unstable on newest kernels...

--
Best regards,
 Denis                            mailto:nuclearcat@nuclearcat.com

Home | Main Index | Thread Index