[linux-dvb] Re: SS1 vs SS2, packetloss when section packing turned on

Denis Fedorishenko wrote:

> Still, about this problem...
> Now we got SkyStar-2 with LinuxTV drivers, and it is working perfect
> on same stream (no packetloss).
> We start discovering issue, and we got:
> On SS1 we have corrupted packets (about 5-15%), and always on corrupted packets
> (we got them by test_dvr) have set bits of transport_scrambling_control turned on
> ( http://vpn.ams-sat.com/is138181.pdf page 42). On SkyStar-2 those bits
> on same packets is zero, and packets is ok.
> Maybe there is some issue?

Well, if the packet is corrupted, all bets are off...
Might be a frontend problem?

(Anyway, the av7110 hardware replaces the TS packet header
with a filter status word. The packet irq handler then
reconstructs the TS header from the status word, which
seems to work pretty well. I can't see anything that could
go wrong there.)

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index