[linux-dvb] Re: OSD Patch

On Thursday 22 July 2004 23:51, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:06:15 +0200, Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 July 2004 07:24, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> > > I am really only interested in using the VIDEOHSIZE window to create
> > > an IRD-like EPG, but if the OSD API were to change I figured why not
> > > change it to be able to create all the window types.  I have done
> > > testing of the change and haven't noticed any problems yet.  Would it
> > > be possible to get these changes added to the CVS repository.
> >
> > Hm, there is a small problem with this patch:
> > The application cannot detect whether the running driver really supports
> > the new function. I'd rather add a new OSD command OSD_OpenRaw. An old
> > driver would return EINVAL in this case.
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  I have created a new patch using the
> implementation you suggested.

Looks ok. If nobody complains I will add the patch to CVS.
I will also move av7110_window_display_type from av7110_hw.h to osd.h.
(Should not matter, as the OSD stuff is av7110-specific anyway.)

BTW, what's the difference between true size and normal size display
type, e.g. VIDEOTHSIZE/VIDEOHSIZE?

While playing with these functions I found something interesting:
Euro1080 will not crash the ARM if you open a VIDEOHSIZE or VIDEOQSIZE
OSD window! You will get a terrible picture but the ARM keeps running.

I found that the video decoder does not obey the x-size of the window,
while the y-limit works fine. This could explain why Euro1080 crashes
the ARM in normal mode. Maybe the decoder writes beyond the right border
of the screen. Could this be fixed in the firmware?

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index