[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-s USB Technotrend: unknown STC version V2.2

Stefan Grotehans wrote:
Folks,

Holger's remarks are right!

Here is the status of my efforts:

1) I implemented a new tuner type in stv0299.c. Since the new box ver 2.2 has a ALPS BSBE1 tuner. This tuner model has only two small differences to the BSRU tuner. However I will need Holgers's help to distinguesh between the old and the new USB box. (should be easy though). This works with all versions of the driver. 1.1.1, 2.4 or 2.6.

2) Further, I compiled the new firmware from the windows file to have the lastest firmware downloaded on the USB box. The impact of this is for me unkown since I did not test the original firmware of the older devices.

3) the diseq stuff in the new hardware is broken with the old driver.

In dvb-ttusb-budget.c the call "ttusb_update_lnb" ist not switching between 13 and 18 Volt, I only see 18 volt. This pre! vents the tuning to the horizontal channels.

However the function still switches the voltage on even on the new hardware.

I askes TT to give me a hint, even via Axel Hundt, but no response yet. Since I cannot disassemble windows code I am a little lost here. This is the last issue!
hmmm -- you could also try to find this out using the USB snoopy logs, could you post the DiSEqC and i2c command sequences for a horizontal and a vertical tuning effort using the Windows driver on this list?

maybe one or the other has some time to think and meditate over these numbers...

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index