[linux-dvb] Re: Segmentation fault in test_memory_input

Hello,

On 07/27/04 13:21, Muthu.Kumaran@soc-soft.com wrote:
1) I am trying to run the DVB 4.0 test application test_memory_input, but it's giving "segmentation fault"
    error as given below. During debugging we came to know that it's happening while setting the source for
    demux. All other test applications are running fine.

	./test_memory_input  001.ts
	using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/memory0'
	using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
	Segmentation fault
"test_memory_input" can only be used in conjunction with the "dvb-dummy" driver, which is the testbed for the software demux implementations (ie. software recording filters, software memory input, software filtering in general).

It works for me:
--------------------schnipp---------------------------------
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/memory0'
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
reading from 'zdf.ts'
BUF_SIZE = 8192
THRESHOLD = 4096
device name:'sw memory input'
confirmed size: 8192
mmap_size: 16384
mmap_offset: 0
memory buffer mmap()ed to 0x40013000
wrote 8084 bytes (8084 total)
wrote 8084 bytes (16168 total)
wrote 8084 bytes (24252 total)
wrote 8084 bytes (32336 total)
wrote 8084 bytes (40420 total)
[...]
--------------------schnipp---------------------------------

But I admit that there are problems if you want to "record" from the "dvb-dummy" adapter with "test_recf" again, because "test_recf" always wants to set the demux input to the frontend again.

2)  When trying to playback the file recorded [using test_recf] with test_pes_play
     application [recorded file is converted to have only pes data], it's giving "broken PES in input file",
     although the starting of the file had VIDEO/AUDIO PES header.
Is the file playable with a movie player like "mplayer"?

The "broken PES in input file" error message is only printed if the start code (ie. 0x00 0x00 0x01) cannot be found. Are you sure it's really there?

Thanks and Regards,
Muthu.
CU
Michael.