[linux-dvb] ATTENTION PLEASE: The DVB major device number has changed

Hi,

I was just informed that LANANA has assigned an official
major number for DVB, so we don't have to use the "unoffical /
experimental use only" number 250 anymore.

Apparently the number was assigned months ago, just nobody bothered
to tell us:
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/cset@1.1371.585.18?nav=index.html

The new offical major number is 212. I've changed the sources
for dvb-kernel (dvbdev.h and MAKEDEV-DVB.sh). People who
don't use devfs will have to recreate their devices.

I'm thinking it might make sense to change the major number
for the 2.4 drivers, too. Any objections?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index