[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-s USB Technotrend: unknown STC version V2.2

John Dalgliesh wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Stefan Grotehans wrote:
1) I implemented a new tuner type in stv0299.c.  Since the new box ver 2.2 has a ALPS BSBE1
tuner. This tuner model has only two small differences to the BSRU tuner. However I will need
Holgers's help to distinguesh between the old and the new USB box. (should be easy though).
This works with all versions of the driver. 1.1.1, 2.4 or 2.6.

Does it say stc version 2.2 for you as well? That sounds like a good way
to detect it (but I still don't full understand the linux driver
architecture, so maybe this is not easy ;)
you can use the i2c->adapter name string.

3) the diseq stuff in the new hardware is broken with the old driver.

In dvb-ttusb-budget.c the call "ttusb_update_lnb" ist not switching between 13 and 18 Volt, I
only see 18 volt. This pre! vents the tuning to the horizontal channels.

Are you sure the code there has any effect? Isn't it the frontend that
actually does the switching? I have to set up the voltage in the TDA8083
on my hardware. I certainly couldn't switch voltages before doing that ...
but maybe you need to do both.
the LNBP21 used in these boxes can get switched via i2c or using it's input pins. You can try both approaches, send the appropriate i2c message to the LNBP, or try to toggle the input signals. In the latter case you need to find out to which pins they are connected and how to toggle the signal level of those pins.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index