[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-s USB Technotrend: unknown STC version V2.2

Stefan Grotehans wrote:
Holger Waechtler <holger@qanu.de> schrieb am 27.07.04 21:16:05:

> John Dalgliesh wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Stefan Grotehans wrote:
> >>
> >>1) I implemented a new tuner type in stv0299.c. Since the new box ver 2.2 has a ALPS BSBE1
> >>tuner. This tuner model has only two small differences to the BSRU tuner. However I will need
> >>Holgers's help to distinguesh between the old and the new USB box. (should be easy though).
> >>This works with all versions of the driver. 1.1.1, 2.4 or 2.6.
> >

> > Does it say stc version 2.2 for you as well? That sounds like a good way
> > to detect it (but I still don't full understand the linux driver
> > architecture, so maybe this is not easy ;)
>
> you can! use the i2c->adapter name string.

Yes, I did it:

if ((ret = i2c->xfer(i2c, msg1, 2)) == 2) {
if ( strcmp(adapter->name, "Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB") == 0 ) {
printk ("%s: setup for tuner BSBE1 (stv0299 synth) on TechnoTrend hardware S1810 \n", __FILE__);
return ALPS_BSBE1_TT;
}

However, this seems to fit to the old usb boxed as well?! Which would be wrong.
They don't have a stv0299.

The problem is that stv0299.c does not know the stc version which would be easier.
You could assemble the name string so that it contains the STC version.

> >>3) the diseq stuff in the new hardware is broken with the old driver.
> >>
> >>In dvb-ttusb-budget.c the call "ttusb_update_lnb" ist not switching between 13 and 18 Volt, I
> >>only see 18 volt. This pre! vents th! e tuning to the horizontal channels.

&g t; > Are you sure the code there has any effect? Isn't it the frontend that
> > actually does the switching? I have to set up the voltage in the TDA8083
> > on my hardware. I certainly couldn't switch voltages before doing that ...
> > but maybe you need to do both.
>
> the LNBP21 used in these boxes can get switched via i2c or using it's
> input pins. You can try both approaches, send the appropriate i2c
> message to the LNBP, or try to toggle the input signals. In the latter
> case you need to find out to which pins they are connected and how to
> toggle the signal level of those pins.
>
> Holger

The code has indeed en effect. If removing it even the 18 volt channels dont tune
Have you tried to control the LNBP via it's i2c interface?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index