[linux-dvb] new DVB-T PCI card from Lifeview is out in Australia

Hi everyone,

just a head's up that there is a new DVB-T PCI device from Lifeview which is out and on store shelves in Australia.

http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/products/internal_digital_tv/flydvbt.htm

This card is very small (12cm x 5cm) and uses a Philips Silicon Tuner (TDA8274), a Philips TDA10046HT DVB-T decoder and a Philips SAA7134HL chip (The SAA7134HL is a single chip solution to digitize and decode video and sound, and to capture both data streams through the PCI-bus).

A datasheet for the TDA8274 can be found at:
www.semiconductors.philips.com/ acrobat/literature/9397/75012475.pdf

A datasheet for the TDA10046HT can be found at:
www.semiconductors.philips.com/ acrobat/literature/9397/75009522.pdf

SAA7134HL info, development tools and datssheets are at:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/saa7134hl

The (windows) software is very basic at this stage (alpha level) but the card is distinguished as being one of the first (if not the first) commercially available cards with drivers to support the MS BDA scheme (BDA being a common interface for control of different brands of hardware, so you can buy a TV tuner card then use any software you want with it).  I've been testing the BDA side with Showshifter, the MS Entertainment Centre software and a few other third party BDA applications and it's passing with flying colours.  The Silicon tuner is not quite as strong as the Samsung/LG and MT352 combos used in the Avermedia A771 and DVIco FusionHDTV cards, but it is still quite good.

Unfortunately I don't have the programming skill to begin working on a driver, but I thought it might be of use/interest to the mailing list to announce the existence of the new card before people pop up on here asking for drivers :)

cheers,

Gizmomelb

Home | Main Index | Thread Index