[linux-dvb] Re: ATTENTION PLEASE: The DVB major device number has changed

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 08:59, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> > And, BTW, udev doesn't obsolete device numbers, it is just
> > a mechanism to create device nodes automatically.
> >
> :) (like the one that was once called devfs... exactly what everybody
> wants/needs;)

BTW is it planned to make the drivers udev compatible ? As far as i have
understood it will be used in favour of devfs in near future, but a fast try
showed me that there are no dvb devices created with udev. Any plans ?

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index