[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johannes Stezenbach" <js@convergence.de>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:57 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found

> Helmut Auer wrote:
> > Andreas Share wrote:
> >
> > >after tons of debug-logs i have found (maybe) the reason for the "Video
> > >datastream broken" errors (and maybe UPT errors too).
> > >
> > >The problems, at least with my skystar2 cards, are caused by an
> > >inconsistend
> > >timing (different runtime) between frontend and demux ioctlīs.
> >
> > Are the DVB-driver developers aware of this problem ?
> > I am surprised to see no comments here. For some VDR-users the UPT- or
> > datastream broken error is a great pain.
>
> Andreas' experimental code does arbitrary changes to certain
> timings until it works for *him*. That's not a solution, but
> it certainly indicates where the problem might come from.
>
> There were posting here suggesting bugs with vdr's handling
> of FE_GET_EVENT, maybe that's the way to go?
>
> Johannes

Hi,

yes, itīs not a final "solution", it is only a ugly experimental hack to
find the origin of some problems. At the moment my skystar2 works even
better, but not perfect with this hack.

I also think the correction patch for the FE_GET_EVENT handling is the
better way to go. Both works different, but have the same effect: New
filters will only be open if the frontend have 100% Lock and tuning is done!
The FE_GET_EVENT patch also trigger a better timing for the notifier
funktion in the dvb_frondend code (needed by full featured cards). But
without other modifikations this patch could not solve my problems. So i try
some more things in the next days;)

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index