[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:

> I've changed the FE_GET_EVENT handling in VDR to use poll() and in this
> case I see short 0x1f-events (FE_HAS_LOCK bit set) of abt 100ms on
> channels I can't tune to (I had a bogus entry in my channels.conf).
>
> The original VDR lock detection handles this as a valid lock, which is a
> bit sloppy in my opinion, but I would like to know if an application has
> to expect such "spikes" and do some filtering on frontend events?

Hm, it seems with frontend hardware one has to expect the unexpected...
Unless there is some really strange bug the 0x1f status is
signalled by the frontend, so there isn't much we can do about it.

> Other question: There _seems_ to be some evidence that it is dangerous
> if you set (change?) filters when the frontend is not locked. Could that
> be possible?

Generally it should not be a problem, except for the av7110 based
cards which might crash if the video/audio decoder is fed with junk.
(It seems that skystar2 users also have problems, but I don't know
anything about skystar2 hardware, so I cannot comment. Does anyone
have a FlexCopII/III data sheet?)

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index