[linux-dvb] Re: DVB + SATA

Tim wrote:

> It appears that boards with the Intel SATA controller built in to the
> south bridge don't have any problems.
>
> With the NF7-S and VP DVB-t, some fiddling with PCI latency settings
> improves matters a little, but it is still unwatchable when recording. I
> think the VisionPlus is a lost cause.
>
> I'm still trying to find a DVB-t card that is likely to work with the
> NF7-S V2.0 and SATA. Any more comments? I'm thinking of shelling out for
> a DVICO card in the hope that it will be more reliable.

There's the possibility that the power supply isn't
stable enough. DVB frontends are quite sensitive in
that area.

Another possibility which was discussed recently on lkml is
that large IDE DMA transfers are a source of high irq latency
(i.e. the DVB card misses some irqs). But I guess the
DVB driver would spit out error messages in this case.
You could try to lower max_s from 2048 to e.g. 128 in
linux/drivers/ide/ide-disk.c:idedisk_setup() to find out.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index