[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream broken" the legend continues ...

On Friday 30 July 2004 17:40, Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> The simplest explanation would be a bad signal quality. Did you try this
> test without VDR, for example with szap -i?

yes, did this too .. there was no noticeable difference ...
i do not think it is a bad signal problem, i haver never seen any value
for BER or UNC .. they are always 0 or FFFF.. and nothing in between
.. and there are no periodically artifacts on the screen, it stays black
for ~200 ms and then the picture is back ..

i know how bad signal looks like (from bad weather conditions ..)

> When I do your test, I get some status changes during tuning, but
> afterwards the status is stable. This holds for both tuning by VDR and
> manual tuning with szap.

have you tried with my szap utility?

i tried today with my old setup (kernel 2.4.20, driver 1.1 .. )
it shows the same status-changes as 2.6.7... maybe this fast checking
is not intended by the hardware

to the problem with the "first recording fails":
i remember there was the syslogmessage
"no usefull date seen in the first xx Mb" of the stream ....

this does mean that there is data received, but it is out of sync or miss
aligned ... maybe it would be a good idea for checking if the demux is
an sync ... how can this be done?

hermann

Home | Main Index | Thread Index