De : Kenneth Aafløy [mailto:lists@kenneth.aafloy.net]
Envoyé : lundi 2 août 2004 01:57
À : Eric DEZERT
Cc : linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Objet : Re: [linux-dvb] kernel compilation option

On Monday 02 August 2004 00:15, Eric DEZERT wrote:
> Would it be possible that by default the OSD is set to ON in the
kernel
> compilation for the next release of dvb driver.
> I mean now, with a 2.6.6 for example, it is necessary to rebuild the
> kernel only to set the OSD on. This is the only option i changed to
have
> my debian working with vdr.
> (cf default 'make menuconfig' options)

I'm not entierly clear on what you are talking about here; if you are
talking
about kernel.org default configuration, then yes, we could send a patch
with
the next update to make OSD as default (because most people would want
it,
and most people would not be hurt by the overhead, unless they are
building a
custom embedded system, in which case they are probably building a
custom
kernel). If you are talking about debian default kernels, it would
probably
resolve to submitting a bugreport to bugs.debian.org, explaining the
above to
them.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index