[linux-dvb] Re: kernel I2C question

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

> Strange, that I can still see frontend related code in ttusb-budget, and no
> related commits to a split, of either ttusb module. I can see that
> ttusb-budget actually registers a (dvb_i2c) bus, but I can't really see how
> it's used, as it registered the frontend itself...but I must belive you on
> the vp* driver, although making it obsoleete after two weeks in cvs seems
> funny to me :)

To cut a long story short: No one had an idea, which demod chip (or even
which vendor) is in use in the vp7041. So I reverse-engineered the
windows driver resulting in vp7041.
Last week DiBcom contacted me and told me, that the demod in the vp7041 is
a dib3000m and provided sources. Without committing the vp7041 to cvs,
DiBcom maybe never had contacted me. Kind of Chicken-Egg-Problem.

I hope it is not a too big problem, that there will be another empty
directory in the cvs. I'm sorry, if I had known this before .... :/

best regards,
Patrick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index