[linux-dvb] Re: DVB cards in a Server, Buffer sizes

On Friday 03 September 2004 22:35, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Considering how this ioctl is currently implemented for the dvr device
> this question is kind of moot.

Hi, sorry but I can't follow your argumentation. I really mean what I say. If
you run the DVB Drivers under very high system load the read(demux,...)
occasionally returns an error (I think it is EOVERFLOW). I would really like
to know if such overflows can be avoided using larger buffers for the driver.
On the application side I do use a large ring-buffer and an extra IO thread.

Yours Jürgen

P.S. are you unhappy with the current drivers? I have no choice for the 2.6
Kernel - I already had difficulties to migrate your 1.1.7 drivers to the
2.4.19 and later kernels (changes in i2c). You might be insterrested to know
that a lot of people still load the patched 1.1.7 drivers from my web-site
(about 10 per week). J.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index