[linux-dvb] Re: New Dvico DVB-T card in Australia - Driver?

> Is anyone currently looking at adding support for
> this [DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite] card?

I have a driver ready to go - I obtained one of the cards to develop
with on Friday, traced the parts I needed on Saturday, and it works for
me on Linux.

I submitted patches for the bt878 part of it to Gerd Knorr last night,
so they will hopefully end up in the video4linux CVS code soon.

Once they are in, I have modifications for the dvb-bt8xx.c part in the
dvb-kernel tree, and patches for the mt352 frontend to add support for
the tuner on the DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite board.

Gerd and I have also been working on integrating my DVB extensions to
the cx88 driver into the video4linux CVS code - it is pretty much all
functional there now and won't crash things - just a few minor nitpicks
remain to be sorted out.  As I've still not heard back from this list
regarding my patches for the mt352 frontend on the DVB-T1, nor my
proposal for changes to the FE_REGISTER / FE_UNREGISTER behaviour to
make things work (not Oops) with drivers such as the cx88 which have I2C
support in one module and DVB support in another, I haven't submitted my
patch for the mt352/tuner on the Lite board yet (in the interests of
keeping things simple and commiting one change at a time).  Could some
that can commit such changes or can provide the access that I'd need to
do this please contact me?

Regards,
Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index