[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppuage Conexant cx2388x DVB-T board GPL driver release

On Monday 06 Sep 2004 10:11, Steve Toth wrote:
> Releasing the Conexant CX22702 frontend module and tuner datasheet.
>
> I didn't want to bloat the servers, here's a url.
>
> http://toth.demon.co.uk/cx22702/
>
> This URL contains four files:
>  7590sp7.pdf   - Thompson tuner datasheet
>  cx22702.c     - Module for the cx22702 and DTT759x tuner
>  linuxtv.patch - Patches to update the kernel Kconfig, Makefile etc
>  v4l2.patch    - Patches to video4linux for the card specific
> vendor/subvendor.
>
> Gerd,
>
> Could you kindly review the v4l patch.
>
> Johannes / Andrew / Anyone with CVS update privs,
>
> Could you please review the source for the frontend and patch. If you feel
> it needs more
> work prior to being added, please let me know. Else, could someone please
> add this.

> (dropped frames,
> timeouts) with the V4L PCI handling. I will do more testing on this and
> give any
> feedback/patches as necessary. I'm pretty certain we'll see some more minor
> updates over the coming
> days as other users testing and patch etc. The fe driver contains some
> Hauppuage specific things,
> which can be unrolled as parameters when other cards are found/supported.
> (Fixed i2c addresses for the demod, eeprom etc)

Cool - in CVS now. I replaced the dvb_delay() calls with msleep()s since
dvb_functions.h is gone now.

Interesting... I wonder what the models 90500 and 90501 are.

One niggle - according to the datasheet, the DTT7592 has VHFIII+UHF range, and
the DTT7595 only has UHF range. Yet in the code, the min_freq of DTT7592 is
474000000, and that of DTT7595 is 177000000.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index