[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> as you probably all know the linuxtv.org websites are quite out of date
> and almost nobody of the developers is really willing to keep them
> up-to-date. So I'd like to open a discussion how this situation may get
> improved.

At the moment it is even impossible to change the web site, because
it uses a totally broken setup (commit XML to Convergence internal
CVS, then run it through some scripts to generate the news page, then
put it on an internal preview server, then rsync to external, then
do on-the-fly XML2HTML conversion). Now, with the new server some
of the infrastructure is simply missing...

> May/should we try to use a wiki instead of the static webpages? This
> would at least make it easier to keep the supported-cards list and the
> DVB application link page more up-to-date. If so, which wiki
> implementation should we prefer? Is anybody of you experienced with
> this, are there any preferences we should consider?
>
> Another approach would be to import the web pages into the CVS
> repository, then at least all developers with CVS accounts could edit
> the html/xml pages.
>
> what do you think?

I have no experience with wikis. I think plain, simple, static
HTML (+ CSS) via CVS is best. It should be simple enough to
submit patches for the website then.
Question is who'd do the work?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index