[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Holger Waechtler wrote:
>
>>Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>>Please don't!
>>
>>can you please elaborate your concerns a little more in detail?
>>
>>Holger
>

> Well, CVS works fine for me - I see no actual need to change that.
> I have to admit, though, that I have no personal experience with
> subversion. I just wouldn't change something unless that has _real_
> advantages. The fact that (according to Wolfgang Fritz's post just
> a few minutes ago) subversion doesn't even support branches and tags
> doesn't sound like this would be an actual improvement...

I'm sorry if you got this impression from my mail. In fact, the design
of a subversion repository supports branching and tagging much better
than CVS. But the user interface is worse in my opinion.

> But of course, it's up to you what version control system you want to
> use. I'm usually just the "never change a running system" type ;-)

Me too :-)

But my company is a merge of 3 or 4 other company, each using a
different versioning tool. So we switch to subversion. Because nobody
used that before and all will have the same starting point: zero.

Wolfgang

> Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index